In the section “Plants and Health” on the show “Rreze Delli” on Report TV with the Specialist of Medicinal Plants Ylli Merja, we focused on the most frequent problem of the feet: cracks and fissures on the heels as well as the formation of calluses.
The feet, although they remain unexposed for most of the year, require the same care and attention that we pay to the face, hair and body. Bearing the weight of the whole body, the feet often show various problems related to lifestyle, fatigue, posture or using the wrong shoes.
The most common foot problems are cracks and fissures on the heels, fungus between the toes and calluses. The latter are annoying, ugly and in some cases very painful. They are created as a result of the explosion of dead skin cells. They are formed as a thick hardened area.
They usually appear on the side of the feet and in most cases are caused by tight shoes, wearing high heels for hours, wearing shoes without socks, frequent punctures of the feet in the same place by the nails of the shoes or problems such as flat feet, psoriasis, diabetes.
Medicinal plant specialist Ylli Merja recommends that first of all we should stay hydrated, as this is the first step towards a healthy skin and this also applies to the removal of calluses and cracked heels. Dry skin usually causes cracked heels.
If the skin lacks moisture, it becomes stiff, less elastic and prone to cracking. Some other causes are frequent use of soap, overweight and obesity, walking barefoot, lack of vitamin C, B3, E, D3 and minerals such as zinc, calcium, omega 3.
But can cracking and cracking of the soles be prevented according to specialist Ylli Merja? Of course yes, the ingredients for these treatments are always found in your kitchen, so you can start at any moment with the application of these natural cures.
· In 5-6 liters of warm water, add 1 l of baking soda and 1 l of salt. Insert the feet and leave for 10-15 minutes, cleaning and massaging them. Then dry the feet well, drip propolis with oregano on the cracked places. Let the propolis work for 5 minutes and then apply antifungal cream to the heels. We also apply propolis and antifungal cream to our feet in the morning.
· In 2 liters of water, boil 6 liters of mushroom tea for 2-3 minutes. strain the tea in the basin, where we add 1 tbsp of baking soda and 50-60 ml of apple cider vinegar. Put your feet in and keep them for 15 minutes. Dry the feet well, put a few drops of propolis with oregano and then apply the fungus cream.
As for the removal of calluses once and for all, the medical plant specialist Ylli Merja suggested these alternative treatments:
· Pour 1 cup of coffee with apple cider vinegar and 1 liter of salt into a basin with 5-6 liters of water. Keep your feet or hands for 10-15 minutes. Then scrape the calluses with your hand to soften them. We put crushed garlic on the callus and leave it for 15-20 minutes. After removing the garlic, drip a little propolis with oregano on the callus and put on it if you have 1-2 drops of fig milk or acne cream. This treatment continues until the callus is completely cleared.
· Put your feet in the basin with 5 liters of warm water and 50-60 ml of apple cider vinegar and 1l of salt. We leave it for 10-15 minutes. After removing the feet from the water, drip or file the skull with nail clippers. Put 1 piece of garlic for 15-20 minutes. Remove the garlic and place a slice of aloe vera and a piece of prune. We keep it all night. During the day, we take care to apply a pimple cream on the leg.
· Prepare 1 liter of garlic juice, 1 liter of aloe vera gel, 2 crushed aspirins and a little salt. If you have the opportunity, add 15-20 drops of fig milk to this paste. Apply this gel to the scalp 2 times a day.
· In 3 liters of water, boil 6 liters of allergy tea for 2-3 minutes. We strain the tea in a basin where we add 50-60 ml of apple cider vinegar and 1 lch of salt. Put your feet in the prepared tea and keep it for 10-15 minutes. After drying, put 3-4 drops of propolis with oregano, after propolis apply a pimple cream. Continue this treatment for 12-15 days./Shqiptarja.com