In the column “Plants and Health” in the show “Rreze Dielli” on Report TV with the specialist in medicinal plants Ylli Merja, we focused on a problem which in recent years has started to become more and more disturbing.
Polyps in the large intestine, what they are and where they are caused. According to specialist Merja, polyps are cell growths that are created inside the colon wall.
“The large intestine is made up of four layers, in its inner part, the one that is in contact with the food product that is being processed, a phenomenon occurs from good digestive dysfunction or unhealthy foods where they begin to develop atypical, abnormal cells in a certain area,” emphasizes Merja.
Some of the causes of the development of these cells and the creation of polyps in the large intestine are:
- Family inheritance
- You are over 50 years old and smoke
- Consume alcohol
- You are obese and defecate 1 time in 3-4 days
- Eat a lot of fatty foods and meat
- You don’t combine well the iron obtained from meat with the iron obtained from vegetables
- Do not use spices (oregano, turmeric, red onion in the dish)
- You do not perform physical exercises
As for the symptoms, the first signs when the polyps just start to form are: abdominal pain, stool disorder, constipation or diarrhea. The polyp has just started to develop, it changes the mucosa and if we are careless, the second stage will continue, which is the mahis, an adenoma that rises above the level of the intestine. If the polyps are not treated and pass to the third stage they can turn from benign to malignant formations. Other symptoms include:
- You often notice blood in the stool
- Fecal occult blood tests are positive
- You have an iron deficiency. You are anemic.
- Stool disorder, abdominal pain
- Defecation with saliva (mucus) but not every day
- Constipation and chronic diarrhea
Specialist Merja emphasizes that surgical intervention is not the best solution, since with the removal of a polyp there is a risk of its reappearance after a 6-month period.
From many years of work experience, Merja suggests that people suffering from this problem should first do a good analysis of the foods they consume by removing unhealthy foods from their diet, less meat and animal fats, reduce and stop smoking and alcoholic beverages, do as much walking in nature and exercise as possible and start consuming more milk and its products, as they contain calcium and reduce the risk of polyps, consume a lot of legumes, vegetables, forest fruits (wild berries takes first place) thanat, wild apple. So fatten the colon and hit these atypical cells through these foods:
- Use 2 cloves of garlic every morning
- Use red onion in dishes and salad at lunch
- Use turmeric (yellow saffron) as it has an effect against cancer cells
- Use raw plant foods such as legumes, plant seeds, broccoli, cabbage, forest fruits which contain not only fiber but also phytates. Phytates track and destroy cancer cells, phytates make leukocytes more combative, reduce the arteries that feed polyps and affect the rehabilitation of polyps by returning them to their previous state.
Specialist Ylli Merja recommended some herbal recipes for the alternative treatment of polyps, of course stressing that the time to identify this problem is very important.
- In 3 liters of water, boil for 2 minutes a tea packet of 10 flowers, 1 handful of majasilli grass, 1 handful of vetiver and 3 spoons of forest fruits. Drink 1 glass of tea 3 times a day.
- Use linseed oil, wild seed oil, black seed oil 2-3 ml per day from vegetable oils.
- Consume vegetable soup: broccoli, carrot, yellow pepper, red pepper, cabbage or leek, red onion, turmeric.
- Eat a dish of green beans, lentils or peas with 1 carrot, red onion, pepper and turmeric.
- Consume wild cabbage as a salad: chicory, radish, nettle, sorrel, boiled in 1 liter of water for 2 minutes and consumed with olive oil and lemon.
- Place a piece of flannel on a cup tray. Pour two cups of coffee with wheat seeds and one cup of coffee with alfalfa seeds on the flannel. Cover them with a piece of flannel. Wet it with lukewarm water 2-3 times a day. When the embryo has germinated about 1.5 cm, we remove the seeds from the flannel. Rinse and place in a bowl and refrigerate. Eat 2-3 tablespoons of these seeds with some yogurt every day.
NOTE: Each patient has his own characteristics, so in cases of serious illnesses, you should always consult with doctors. This article cannot be used to suggest a cure for any person.