Heart health, medicinal plants that help cardiovascular health and precautions that people with high blood pressure should take during the summer season
In the column “Plants and Health” in the morning show “Rreze Dielli” on Report TV with the medical plant specialist Ylli Merja we talked about the health of the heart, one of the most important organs of our body. With the arrival of the summer season, people suffering from heart diseases should be extra careful as high temperatures greatly affect their health.
According to herbal medicine specialist Ylli Merja, we have several problems in heart diseases such as:
· Impairment of heart function as a pump, hypertension and hypotension – loss of elasticity of arteries and veins
· Arteriosclerosis – lining of the artery walls from the inside with fatty plaques
· Arrhythmia – the rhythm of the heart’s work is disrupted; tachycardia, high pulse over 100 beats per minute; bradycardia – low heart rate below 55 beats per minute
· Cardiomyopathy – narrowing and strengthening of the heart muscle due to excess iron, the influence of smoking, etc.
· Myocardial infarction – the arteries that feed the heart muscle with blood are blocked (thrombosis, embolism)
· Heart failure – the last stage of heart disease, the person becomes disabled
The main symptoms of heart problems can be: shortness of breath, pain in the chest or back between the shoulders, difficulty walking, pain when standing, persistent unusual fatigue, black lips, tightness in the chest, numbness and whiteness in the palm of the left hand , numbness of the hands and feet, dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite.
The inciting causes of heart diseases, says Merja – are right on our table, as: the consumption of animal products in excess increases cholesterol, the bacterial toxins found in meat and processed foods harden the walls of the heart and arteries, the high level of sugar in blood tires the heart, smoking thickens the blood and hardens the arteries, poor digestion of food, constipation. Anxiety and stress can also cause a heart attack, says Merja. While strong feelings cause increased heart rate.
To keep all heart problems under control, Ylli Merja recommends:
· Consume 2 cloves of garlic every morning
· Drink 1 glass of lemon a day
· Pour 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into the dish
· Drink 3 x 1 glass a day of Kolestomer tea
· Consume a breakfast of 3 spoons of muesli, 1 spoon of blueberries and 1 spoon of coffee with fir vetiver
· Use 1-2 eggs a week, salmon and sardines 2-3 times a week, meat 1 time a week
· Drink hawthorn extract 2 x 25 ml per day
Heart-healthy vegetables, fruits and herbs:
· Garlic, onion, lemon (lower LDL)
· Plums contain potassium, they nourish the heart muscle
· Tomatoes contain lycopene, lutein, beta carotene which nourish the heart muscle
· Red and white cabbage fight bad cholesterol and make the heart healthy
· Dry fruits such as walnuts, almonds, etc. lower cholesterol
· Red wine contains flavonoids very useful for the heart (200 ml per day)
· Oats, soybeans, potatoes lower high blood pressure
· Chicory, rowing, licking, reduce tension
· Hawthorn flower and fruit fight arteriosclerosis
· Green tea thins the walls of the heart
· Olive leaves, wild apple lower cholesterol
· Louisa leaves like lemon reduce tension
· Arginaria improves liver function
· Lycopsia avoids arrhythmia, reduces tachycardia
· Bee herb fights anxiety, stress and heart attack
NOTE: Each patient has his own characteristics, so in cases of serious illnesses, you should always consult with doctors. This article cannot be used to suggest a cure for any person.